Thermal waters used in the Termy Mszczonów complex are rich in ...czytaj więcej
Baranów Sandomierski it is located in the Podkarpackie Province, in the Tarnobrzeg County. The vicinity of this city is very varied, and the dominant elements in the landscape are the Vistula river valley with numerous oxbow lakes, arable fields, meadows and pastures.
The first mentions of Baranów Sandomierski come from 1135. The town was granted city rights in 1354, and in 1569 Baranów was bought by the castellan of Śrem, Rafał Leszczyński.
At that time, the development of the city was mainly due to the grain trade.
At the end of the XNUMXth century, crafts, cloth making and furriery began to develop in Baranów Sandomierski.
The greatest attraction of Baranów Sandomierski is of course the magnificent late Renaissance castle, even called "Little Wawel", and this is due to the great similarity of this building to the Wawel castle.
The headquarters of the Leszczyński family at that time, located in Baranów Sandomierski, was built according to the design of one of the best architects of that period, Santi Gucci, in the years 1591-1606 and was built on the foundations of an existing fortress.
The cloisters in the castle in Baranów Sandomierski were constructed according to the principle of the golden section of the section and the geometric regularity was used, giving harmony to the architecture and symmetry so characteristic of the Renaissance period.
It is precisely the Sandomierz castle located in the city of Baranów that is considered a pearl of Renaissance architecture in Poland and, next to the Wawel castle, is a great example of the artistic skills of former designers and builders.
The former knight's castle built for defensive purposes, which once existed here, belonged to the Baranowski family of the Grzymała coat of arms.
Then the Górkas from Greater Poland became the owners of the castle. It was not until 1569 that the castle was bought by Rafał Leszczyński of the Wieniawa coat of arms and built here a magnificent Renaissance palace, which is today the western part of the castle.
Andrzej Leszczyński expanded the castle and it was thanks to him that a Renaissance courtyard was created, surrounded by beautiful cloisters. He also established a library in the castle. The castle was allegedly visited by even king Stefan Batory. The last owner of the castle, belonging to the Leszczyński family, was Rafał, father of the Polish king, Stanisław Leszczyński.
The subsequent owners of the castle are Dymitr Jerzy Wiśniowiecki and Prince Józef Karol Lubomirski of the Śreniawa coat of arms. At that time, a baroque gallery decorated with stuccoes appeared in the castle.
The next owners were, among others The Krasnicki family, who after the fire were unable to rebuild the castle for financial reasons.
After the second fire, the rebuilding of the castle was entrusted by the next owner, Feliks Dolański, to Tadeusz Stryjeński, who used the Krakow Art Nouveau style in the castle chapel. At that time, stained glass designed by Józef Mehoffer was also installed, and the altar painting was painted by Jacek Malczewski himself.
The last owner, Roman Dolański, lost the castle as a result of the land reform carried out after World War II.
The castle is surrounded by a 16-hectare park and gardens arranged in the English, Italian and French styles.
Some of the castle's rooms are open to the public.
The museum exhibition is located in the castle cellars. There you can admire the largest canoe in Europe, carved from a single tree trunk, a collection of tiles, and in a separate room you can learn about the traditions of sulfur mining.
The castle restaurant and some of the castle rooms can be rented for family celebrations, special events, business meetings, symposiums, weddings and weddings.
The hotel operating here is located in the place of former stables and rooms intended for servants and offers cozy chambers and guest rooms and a swimming pool.
The tour of the castle takes place every hour, only with a guide, and takes approximately 60 minutes.
The sightseeing route leads through the arcaded courtyard of the castle, to the Art Nouveau castle chapel and through the historic castle interiors. Additionally, individually, you can visit the knight's armory, which takes about 30 minutes.
Visiting the museum takes place on the basis of valid tickets, which can be purchased at the museum box office.
On the basis of discount tickets, the castle is visited by retirees, pensioners, school children and teenagers, while children up to 4 years of age visit the castle for free.
In the city of Baranów Sandomierski, the attractions include the castle with its magnificent Renaissance cloisters and the Art Nouveau castle chapel, but not only.
The beautiful surroundings of the castle and the natural nature are also attractive, which attract many tourists to this place.