Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw is the highest and most ...czytaj więcej
3,5 thousandth Kazimierz Dolny (Kazimierz nad Wisłą) is visited by over a million tourists annually.
In the early Middle Ages there was a settlement called Wietrzna Góra.
In 1181, Kazimierz Sprawiedliwy gave the noms of the Norbertines ownership of the settlement and surrounding areas, and they called this place Kazimierz.
The Baszta Stone Tower dates from the Middle Ages. In the mid-fourteenth century, Casimir the Great erected a Castle nearby.
The legend about a beautiful Jewess Esterka says that in love with a girl, Kazimierz Wielki built a castle in nearby Bochotnica, connected by dungeons with a castle in Kazimierz Dolny.
The sixteenth and seventeenth centuries were the heyday of the city, which thanks to its location on the Vistula River, grew rich on trade, mainly grain. Beautifully ornamented tenements appeared then, and people were prosperous.
The Swedish invasion caused the city to fall, which never regained its former glory.
After the defeat of the January Uprising, Kazimierz Dolny lost municipal rights.
After the First World War, Kazimierz Dolny hosted artists, mainly painters who, enchanted by this place, organized numerous painting plein-airs here.
In 1927, Kazimierz Dolny regained municipal rights.
World War II tragically ended communal inhabitation of the Christian and Jewish population in the city.
After the Second World War, the town was reborn as an artistic and tourist center.
You organize various festivals, museums and art galleries.
Gallery SztukaToTu.pl offers works of young and experienced creators, touching various topics, made with many techniques.
Here you can find paintings, drawings, photographs and sculptures.
Works are available in the internet gallery and at ul. Nadwiślańska 7 in Kazimierz Dolny.
Gallery is run by Marek Andała, a graduate of the Institute of Artistic Education at the UMCS in Lublin.
Two Riversides Film and Art Festival is a film event, which tradition dates back to the year 1995, when it began to present film art in Kazimierz Dolny.
The first festival in the current formula took place in August 2007 ri and since then its director is Grażyna Torbicka.
The festival of folk bands and singers takes place in Kazimierz Dolny in June and popularizes authentic folk music making.
The competition is attended by:
-Traditional regional folk bands
- persons playing on traditional musical instruments, such as: violin, kolchets, mazanki, dulcimer, bagpipes, gajda, goat, trombita, ligawka, bazuna, heligonka, harmony, pipes and pipes
- singers - soloists
- singing groups
During the festival take place:
-National Folk Art Fair - on the Big Market in Kazimierz Dolny
-folk fun to the music of regional bands - in Mały Rynek
Half-party festival - these are meetings with artists representing various genres of art, taking place in the former synagogue in Kazimierz Dolny
(pardes - Hebrew: garden, orchard, paradise or way of studying the Torah)
The organizer is the Spichlerz Kultury Foundation.
The goal of the event is to discover the multicultural heritage of Kazimierz Dolny and the Lublin region
The festival organizes:
- thematic spheres
- multimedia presentations
- photographic exhibitions
- meeting with artists and curators
- book presentations
The festival takes place cyclically in the second half of August.
Every year, from 40, every summer of July and August, summer organ concerts organized under the name of Kazimierz Dolny "Summer Music Evenings".
The Fara Renaissance organs in Kazimierz Dolny, originating from 1620, are a unique instrument, the oldest in Poland and one of the oldest in Europe. The first concert took place here on 1972.
The organ in nearby Janowiec is much younger, as it comes from 1934, but it is also held there "Summer Organ Concerts".
The first Festival took place in 1995 year. Showing then 15 full-length movies and 2 mornings for children. At that time, evening screenings of films appeared at the Mały Rynek in Kazimierz Dolny.
Over time, other artistic accompanying events were included in the program. In 1997, the festival awards were presented for the first time - Crowns of Casimir the Great.
In Kazimierz Dolny there is the possibility of active spending of time during canoe and pontoon trips on the Vistula, Chodelka and other rivers of the region.
The Vistula in the area of Kazimierz Dolny has still preserved its natural character. During the rafting you can admire sandy shoals, rugged banks, various plant positions, birds and aquatic animals.
Trips around Kazimierz Dolny and the area by off-road vehicles allow you to reach the most interesting monuments and beautiful places in the city and in the area.
It is possible to drive off-road vehicles by the participants themselves.
Corporate events are also organized.
Various types of off-road vehicles and Quads were prepared for the participants.
-Wyprawy Off Road Adventure Trophy (sightseeing) are connected with visiting the most interesting places of Kazimierz Dolny and Janowiec.
- Selection, where participants visit checkpoints, located on the route and perform specific tasks.
Trial Trophy it is the passage of the last section of the route, checking the acquired skills.
- A field camp connected with a bonfire on the escarpment
Summer and winter horse rides, as well as a horse-drawn carriage or sleigh in Kazimierz Dolny and the surrounding area. Additionally, it is possible to organize a sleigh ride or bonfire.
Nature Rope Park it's 19 obstacles suspended from 2 to 14 meters above the ground.
- the youngest participants receive the diplomas of the "Tree Friend"
-for children aged 2 - 3 there is a route called "Toddler"
-the night rush takes place every Friday and Saturday of holidays at 21.00
- the main route is divided into 2 smaller:
Wild boar route (at 2-6m) and Sokoła Route (at 6-14m)
There is a possibility of visiting Kazimierz Dolny with a licensed guide or meleks or meleks.
On the Kazimierz Dolny market and in nearby galleries, it is possible to buy paintings of various themes created by local artists - painters.
Nadwiślańskie Museum in Kazimierz Dolny, it has seven branches in four towns: Kazimierz Dolny, Puławy, Janowiec and Żmijowiska.
In the years 1926-39 in the Kamienica Celejowska, artistic and historical collections were collected, and in 1963 in Kazimierz Dolny, the Regional Museum was established.
The current collection of the Nadwiślański Museum is over 20 thousand. exhibits from various fields: fine arts, artistic crafts, history, ethnography, archeology and nature.
Kamienica Celejowska - collections in the field of archeology, history, fine arts, as well as paintings created in the years 1918-1939 in the artistic circle of prof. Tadeusz Pruszkowski.
The Museum of Goldsmiths' Art is located in the historic cellars of the Main Building of the Vistula River Museum in Kazimierz Dolny, Rynek 19. It is the only institution in Poland that collects the products of old and modern goldsmiths. Also temporary exhibitions presenting works of contemporary artists are organized here.
Manufaktura Muzealna - an educational center where lessons and museum workshops are held. It is housed in a wooden manor, moved to Kazimierz Dolny from Guestsradowo, ul. Podzamcze 20.
The Natural Department of the Vistula Museum - located in the sixteenth-century granary. A nature exhibition is presented here.
-families counting 65 million years
- a fish tank
Castle in Janowiec - a branch of the Vistula Museum in Kazimierz Dolny. It is one of the largest and most beautifully situated castles in Poland. Preserved here:
- Bastion lock from the 16th century and expanded in the 18th century (courtyard, galleries and observation deck, rebuilt North House)
- baroque monster from Moniak from the 18th century (interior exhibition of the landowners' court, guest rooms)
- grain granary, wooden from the 19th century, moved from Podlodów on the Wieprz river (inside the ethnographic exhibition: folk art, craft, water transport, fishing)
- a wooden barn from the 19th century, moved from Wylągów
- a group of farm buildings: a former loom-coach house and a residential house from 20 XX century
The Kuncewicz House - a literary branch of the Vistula Museum in Kazimierz Dolny. This house was built in 1936 for the writer and her husband, a lawyer and writer. The building became the summer residence of the Kuncewiczs for three years, because in September 1939 the hosts emigrated.
After the war, they stayed here for part of the year, but they spent the winter in Rome. After the death of her husband, Maria Kuncewiczowa decided to live in Kazimierz Dolny permanently.
In the years 1991-2005 the house was taken care of by the Kuncewicz Foundation, which was founded by a son, Witold.
In 2004, Kuncewiczówka was bought from the hands of Witold and transferred to the Nadwiślański Museum in Kazimierz Dolny.
The wooden villa is surrounded by a garden with a rich tree stand.
- fireplace room
- Kuncewicz's cabinet
- staircase, platform
- living room of Maria Kuncewiczowa apartment
- a bedroom with a wardrobe
- Witold's room (exhibitions are organized here)
The partially reconstructed early medieval Grodzisko in Żmijowiska is the seat of the Vistula River Museum Branch.
Archaeological research was carried out here. In the year 2009, the first elements of the archaeological heritage park were created, in which the experimental archeology center operates.
-Reconstructions of archaeological objects
-Workshops of Experimental Archeology
- The thematic theme "Grodzisk nad Chodelką"
Prom Serokomla - between towns: Bochotnica - Nasiłów
passage Furze -prom connecting two banks of the Vistula (Janowiec - Kazimierz Dolny)
From the slope there is a panorama of the village of Mięćmierz, Małopolska Przełom Wisły and Plain Radomska.
Mięćmierz - the old rafting hamlet is today a "living open-air museum" with peasant cottages moved here from other places and a windmill-koźlak.
Mountain of the Three Crosses - Krzyżowa Góra. Three crosses, placed here in 1708, commemorate the victims of the XNUMXth century plague. From here you can admire the entire Kazimierz Dolny.
Parchatka Hill - a vantage point on the Vistula gorge, where three crosses once stood, placed there at the request of Princess Izabela Czartoryska.
Cruises on the Vistula River in Kazimierz Dolny are held by five tourist ships, running throughout the day. The cruise lasts about 1 an hour and runs past the castle in Janowiec to Męćmierz and back. It is possible to organize a banquet on the ship.
In Kazimierz Dolny and the surrounding area, you can take advantage of relaxation and wellness treatments in one of several Spa centers.
In Kazimierz Dolny scenic flights are organized.
Numerous bicycle routes are run in the picturesque area of Kazimierz Dolny:
Historic churches and chapels
To the mouth of Bystra
Cycling to Puławy
By bicycle to Ostrów Lubelski
On the Vistula in Mięćmierzu
A loop through two necropolises
Turtle and dinosaur trail
Lublin - Nałęczów - Kazimierz Dolny
Kazimierz Dolny - Kraśnik
Lesser Poland Gorge of the Vistula
The Powiśle Bicycle Trail
Opole Lubelskie - Solec on the Vistula
Kazimierz Dolny - Opole Lubelskie - Bęczyn
Direction: Cold Bottom
Cycling to Albrechtówka
By bike to Skowieszynek
A bicycle to Mięćmierz
Thread of a narrow gauge railway
Shrine of Apparition
By bicycle to Piotrawin
By bicycle along the Chodelka Valley
Through fields and two ravines
From Czerniaw to Łysa Góra
Żabim Dołem to Pajura
To the Biniends
On the cock
In visit to Esterka
Monuments of the history of Blood Wednesdays
Between ul. Małachowski and Czerniawy
The Vault Down
A shrine on Górna Puławska
On the trail of the Vistula River Branch Offices in Kazimierz Dolny
In the footsteps of the Kazimierz Landartów
Cemetery of Soviet soldiers
In the footsteps of King Humor
In the footsteps of November insurgents
Mountains and Norowy Dołem
To the sources of Grodarz
In search of pearls
Rynek and around
On the trail of Kazimierz granaries
Two Mountains of Three Crosses
To the oak of King Casimir
The white road to Podgórze
Path to Mięćmierza
Walk through the city's fields
Walk to Mięćmierz
Artistic workshops conducted in Kazimierz Dolny are intended for adults and children.
In the area Ski Station Kazimierz, there are four platter lifts, and there are four ski runs in the area: 590 m, 470 m, 250 m and 110 m, intended for beginners and inexperienced skiers. These routes are groomed, snowed and illuminated in the evening.
In addition to the guests:
- ski school
- ski and snowboard equipment rental
- discounts for organized groups
-a possibility to prepare a bonfire
On the hill there are ruins of a fortified castle from the times of Casimir the Great, rebuilt during the Renaissance.
XIII - an eternal tower on the top of the castle hill, as so-called the upper castle was defensive before the construction of the proper castle was completed. It could also be the seat of a customs guard or a night-time river lantern. From the top, there is a beautiful view of Kazimierz Dolny and the surrounding area. The tower has a height 19 m, and the thickness of the wall decreases as the height increases (at the bottom 4,20 m, at the top around 3 m). At 6 m, there is a vaulted entrance, which was once connected by a drawbridge with a ramp.
Kamienica Biała at ul. Senatorska comes from the 17th century. Her decorative accent is the attic.
The tenement houses were built in the 17th century. Their owners were the brothers Mikołaj and Krzysztof Przybyłowie who decorated them with images of their patrons. Both tenement houses have the same arrangement of façades and similar ornaments. The roofs of the buildings are masked with high attics that give the impression that the houses are higher than in reality.
The house dates from the 16th century and is also called St. Bartholomew, because there is a likeness of this saint, the patron of the owner, Bartłomiej Celej. Another name is the Czarna tenement house, due to the dark color of the plaster of the facade.
Today it is the seat of the Vistula Museum in Kazimierz Dolny.
The first records of the local parish date back to the beginning of the XNUMXth century. The small church was rebuilt in the following centuries. After a fire in the XNUMXth century, the church was rebuilt in the Renaissance style. The model for the construction of granaries in Kazimierz Dolny was modeled after Farze.
The wooden building existed here already in the 1530 year, and the brick building stood in 1670 year. The church is modeled on the Kazimierz Fiera.
It was established in 1892 a year and almost a hundred years it carried passengers and goods around the area of Kazimierz Dolny. Currently, the queue is a tourist attraction of the Lublin region.
Baroque Gdańsk Tenement House located at the market square in Kazimierz Dolny was established in 1795 year. Rebuilt after the destruction of World War II, it is one of the most beautiful tenement houses in the city.
The building of Jatek Koszernych on the Mały Rynek in Kazimierz Dolny dates from the beginning of XIX century. Jatki existed in this place already in the sixteenth century.
The building was built in 1921 as a municipal bath and laundry. Today it houses a guest house and a restaurant.
The building erected in 2, mid XVIII in., Burned down in 1853, and after reconstruction was intended for habitation. Currently, the only museum of goldsmith art in Poland is located here.
The granary at the end of ul. Krakowska - today in ruins. One of the smallest granaries in Kazimierz Dolny, it comes from 1, the middle XVII century
Spollerz Kobiałki - today PTTK hotel at ul. Krakow's 61. Last in the course of Kazimierz granaries, preserved in its entirety. It was established in 1636 year and was one of the so-called grain storage carriage from Janowiec.
The granary at ul. Tyszkiewicza 18 is located on the way to the port, today preserved in ruin.
Ulanowskich Granary - today the Natural History Museum at ul. Puławska 34. The granary dates from 1591, and the owner was Mikołaj Przybyło
Feuerstein's Granary at ul. Puławska 40 - comes from the end of the 1838th century, and the owner was Krzysztof Przybyło. In XNUMX, the building was rebuilt for the needs of the tannery by the next owner - Mejer Wulf Feuerstein. Today the granary is empty.
Granary "Twin" at ul. Puławska 46 in Kazimierz Dolny is located on the site of the former port, but outside the Wyspa Spichrzów. It comes from 1 half. XVII century. It was modeled on medieval Gdańsk grain magazines. The name reminds that the building was part of two identical grain stores, of which only one has survived to this day
Nowakowski Spichlerz at ul. Puławska 5 was located in the former port on Wyspa Spichrzów. It was created in 2 by the middle XVI in. Today, there are rooms for vacationers here.
The granary "Pod Wianuszkami" at ul. Puławska 64. is located on the site of the former port on Granary Island. It was built in the 17th century. Today, it has accommodation functions
The Pielaka Granary at ul. Puławska 66 - in the area of the former port, but outside the Granary Island. It comes from the XNUMXth century and today it is the economic base of the campground.
The Granary - the "Król Kazimierz" hotel - at ul. Puławska 70 comes from the second half of the XVII century and has roof gables modeled on the church of St. Anna in Kazimierz Dolny. It was built on the site of the former port.
The Granary Pod Żurawiem was built as a grain warehouse before 1623 year. Today, it is a holiday object, whose small windows evoke the atmosphere of the former splendor of Kazimierz Dolny.
The synagogue is a building from the 18th century. It stands at Mały Rynek, in the area where before the Second World War was a Jewish quarter. In Kazimierz Dolny, Jews constituted almost half of the population. From the old Jewish buildings, apart from the synagogue, there are several wooden buildings and Jatki Koszerne. The present owner of the synagogue is the Warsaw Jewish community.
Today, there is a bookstore and rooms for rent. Summer concerts, performances and film screenings take place on the ground floor in the summer.
Monastery of the Reformed Fathers together with the church. The Annunciation of the Virgin Mary is located on the hill, formerly known as the Plebannia Góra. Wietrzna Góra is associated with this place, meaning a settlement existing here before the city of Kazimierz was shaped. In the 1589 year, the Prussian Mountain was handed over to Mikołaj Przybyle in exchange for the adjacent land to the parish church. A new church was founded then. In 1627, the Reformers came here.
The old cottage was built without a saw at the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries. It is located in the valley of the Grodarz River in Kazimierz Dolny.